Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Ordinary Challenge





           I decided to challenge myself this year, the challenge:  to take an ordinary item, used everyday, and create an art piece out of it.  The wreath above is made from socks.  The bottoms had worn out, but the tops were so beautiful in the way it was knitted.  Besides they were a gift from Ed, and had kept my toes warm for quite some time.  Using a Styrofoam circle, I sewed the tops of the socks onto it, discarding the worn out parts.  Then I crocheted the roses, and added a muslin ribbon.


       I am quite pleased with the result, and enjoy the fact that the worn socks that had served me so well, are put to another use.  Currently displayed in my dining room.

                                                          I hope your toes are toasty!
                                      

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's incredible! There's art potential everywhere!

    ReplyDelete