Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Topsy-Turvey Tuesday




             This is Polly. She loves to polish, polish, polish until all things are bright and shiny!        


                               This is Molly.  She loves to lolly, lolly, lolly all the day long!!



                                 Oh! My!  The girls are topsy-turvy on a wintry Tuesday morning!

    I decided to try to make a doll based on this idea of two in one.  From the research I came across, this was a popular idea in the 1800's, and especially in the South.  A recent doll publication I read, had several examples of this idea.  Alice in Wonderland with the Queen, Little Red Riding Hood with the Wolf, and one of my favorites was Frida Kahlo and Dia delos Muertos.   I love to crochet!

                                                 Hope your day is on an even-keel!

   PS: The drawing behind Polly is a scratch art project that my granddaughter did in school.  She's got talent, nice work, Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment