Monday, April 22, 2013

Pillow Designs


    This is a group of pillows I have on the bed.  The black one is a former t-shirt that had all these wonderful scripts on it. The word "art" in all different languages, made a well worn t shirt, but made an even better pillow, I think.  The pillow in the middle was made by my Mom, a very long time ago...40 years, or so, at least.  At the time, she said the fabrics in this crazy quilt design were from the late 1800's into the early 1900's.  She then embroidered around each fabric.  I have cherished this pillow ever since she gave it to me.  Mostly bringing it out occasionally to admire it.  The crocheted rose pillow is one I made last winter.  I purchased the odd shaped pillow at Goodwill, and recovered it.  The roses are a hoot to make, as each one turns out quite different, I don't follow any directions, but have the fun of winging it!   And, so the Art Adventures continue in Studio 2137!!   Have a good day, good people.

1 comment:

  1. Wow .... Your mom is genius. I mean use of t shirt for pillow is really great idea.


    ________________________

    Mattress Toppers

    ReplyDelete