Saturday, May 4, 2013

Artists Trading Cards


       Starting on January 2, 2005 I started a new art project.  Creating small works of art on a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 " card of sturdy material...cardboard, watercolor paper......I painted, glued, and drew my way through 2,000 cards.   

    It only took; 7 years, 3 months and 13 days!  I sporadically worked on these little gems through the years.  They would be a quick fix to a need to create.  This idea  of creating the little Artists Trading Cards started in 1996 by an artist in Zurich, Switzerland.   With the web, artists caught on to this idea, and that's how I got addicted to the process.




                I am celebrating the end of the Artists Trading Card saga.  Life is so good in the studio!!)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing collection! More inspiring and valuable (to me) that an original Babe Ruth card.

    ReplyDelete