Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Music Boxes from Wisconsin

     
       Hickory music box was completed, with a stand as well.  Ed made this recently, loving the grain of the wood we decided to let it shine.  It's the heaviest so far, but the sound it makes is quite rich.
                                             Beautiful grain lines, don't you think?


    This is one made of poplar, and I burned into the surface, with my handy dandy wood burning tool.  I couldn't resist the rose theme, and of course naming it "Rosebud" seemed appropriate, too.  She's a sweet sounding music box.


      These boxes are inspired by the Tennessee Music Boxes from the late 1800's.  Ed fusses them up quite abit, and I do my fun part when the box needs a little dressing up.  Our collaboration efforts are alot of fun!

                       Make some music today, whistle, snap your fingers, tap your toes, life is good!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW that looks amazing, can't wait to hear it!!!

    ReplyDelete