Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Music Box and Pyrography



               This is a music box, built by Ed.  He made it out of a nice clear wood, Aspen.  It had a surface like a white canvas.  He handed it over to me, so I could attempt some wood burning, again.  This time I went wild, and really "dolled" it up!  
          It measures 28" x 10 1/2" x 3 1/4".  It's a 4 string, and plays beautifully.






    This music box was soooo...over the top, decorated, that I decided to call it "Gypsy."  The process of burning into the surface took about 10 hours all together.  I kept track of my time, over several days, as the wood burning tool is different then a regular pencil.  After awhile, the hand begins to cramp up, and I need a breath of fresh air!   Pyrography is an interesting art process, and I hope to explore some more adventures.

        Keep the Home Fires Burning People!!   It makes for toasty toes.......Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment