Wednesday, April 16, 2014

All About the Birds


    Today is all about the birds....as the snow flakes fall, and the wind whips it about, I think of our feathered friends all huddled somewhere out there...poor little things!  This one was the 5th item I made from a suit jacket.  I didn't realise I would get so much fabric out of that lovely plaid jacket.





     These two little darlings were made from the old Army coat.  That would make five items from that coat, and there is still plenty left to play with!   I embroidered on the birds to bring out some of the character of their little bodies.  It's all in the details, and I do love putting a few more stitches, here and there.

   Thanks for stopping in today, I am going to get another cup of coffee, and head into the studio.
      
       (* *)    Audrey
        





No comments:

Post a Comment