Thursday, April 3, 2014

Vintage Wallhanging


   Hello, from Wisconsin!!   This photo is of a very old photograph album.  The cover and the back measure about 4" x 5 1/2" each.  I took the pages out and glued the covers flat.  It appears to be leather, embossed. The closure is a lovely ornate brass piece, that works quite nicely for the hanger. Using a gold paint to highlight the surface, I then antiqued it with a brown acrylic.  The letters added were a find at a local craft store.


    The original paper on the inside was in need of some sprucing up, so I added the vintage paper .  The brown and the simple stripe compliment the original tiny green print .  I added a little ribbon to the latch, and it hangs up nicely balanced.

   This album probably dates from the late 1800's to the early 1900's.  I love working with pieces that have a history, and giving them a new purpose.

   As this Thursday rolls in, I hope your have a comfortable and memorable weekend!    : )  Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment