Monday, June 30, 2014

Ladysmith Chair and Furniture Co. 1914



     Good Morning!  This is a chair that was my Mom's, the chair has a mate.  I brought them down from storage in the old grainery a few weeks ago.  When I tipped them over to add those nice little cushy bits on the legs so they would slide easier, I found something of a gift.


   On one of the chairs was a part of a label, difficult to read.  But, I could make out the Ladysmith, Wis.  A town that isn't too far from where I live.  Just a few days before this discovery I had been in Ladysmith.  Turning the other chair over I found another label.




   I put the two together, and found a lovely old label dating from 1914.  Exactly, one hundred years ago.



   I love old labels and lettering, so I had to try and draw this as accurately as possible.  I hope to do some research and find out more about this furniture company.  The chairs I have are very sturdy oak, with many layers of paint applied over the years.

  A small tattered label led to a rather interesting project!    Smile On!    Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment