Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Orphan Boy



   Greetings, dear family and friends!!   I adopted this little guy.  Finding him at an antique shop for only a dollar.  He is only 3 1/2", and really needed some TLC.


  I think he dates from around the 1920's or 1930's.  I am not real sure about the date.  He appears to be made out of plaster, it's a very hard surface, and not cleaned up very well, as his seams are rather rough.
The facial features are a little off as well, one eye bigger then the other, and his lip color slipped, too.



   I repainted the little guy.  Gave him blue eyes, red hair, and a diaper.  Washed his bunting as well.  He insisted, it has been with him sooo long.  Security Blanket.    We all need one of those from time to time.



   The little guy was feeling quite modern, and insisted on a tattoo.  I started calling him Larry, after one of my brothers.  We agreed that his name would make a good tat!   

   Little Larry, is resting comfortably in the cottage with the rest of my little friends!

        Think Good Thoughts!      Audrey  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment