Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Finished Glen House


   The inside of the Glen House is complete.  I would like to share with you how I finished the outside of the house.


   But first, the attic.  My husband removed the roof, and added this new one.  We also switched the opening side to the back of the house.  He added a piano hinge for extra strength.  Now the attic will be used for storage.



   Here it is completed.  I decided against the shingle process.  The deep green acrylic paint covered the roof, and matches the stenciling design I used on the outside walls.



   I painted the house all white, antiqued it with a yellow ochre, and using some stencils I added the designs on the building.  The ground surrounding it is painted with a stone-like look.


   
    

   There is Glen peeking out the upper window.  He seems quite pleased with the end result of his new home.  Let's see if the mail has arrived, OK?



                                                       Oh yes, there is some mail today!

   I hope you enjoyed this renovation process.  I know I sure had a great time working on this dear little house.  I have had people ask, "what are you going to do with it?"  Are you going to sell it?"  No, I am going to enjoy it, and when you really love something you can always find a room for it, I think.   Hmmmmm...the guest bedroom will be reorganized and the Glen House will reside in there.

  The adventures continue.  I found two little houses at a shop, cheap and in need of some major repair. I do love a challenge, the creative ideas are already popping!

    Happy New Year!  I mean that with all my heart!!    <3  <3   <3    Smile On!    Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment