Tuesday, January 27, 2015

1/12th Furniture Design


    As the month of January carries on, it provides "inside" time to be creative.  This little sofa and chair were made from wood.  Painted with acrylic paints and decoupaged paper doilies were added.  I made the fireplace a long time ago, with foam board and pretty marbleized paper.  I made these pieces in 1/12th scale.


    This set is also 1/12th scale.  I just changed the shape of the backs of the chair and sofa.  The brown chair is a little wider, and the added weave is plastic doily.  The coffee table, was a fun and simple piece to make.
The rug is a cut out from a magazine.  The little potted floral piece was made on a "gardening day."  I made several plants, all at once to use in the Glen House.


   This little rocking chair and matching table, also have plastic doily added to the surface.  Again, both are the 1/12th scale.

    Making mini furniture is so much fun, and cheaper then the big stuff.  I do love to meander through a furniture store, and get ideas for the minis.  I've started a file on photos I pull from magazines, too.  Inspiration, can come from so many places.  I just have to keep my eyes open!  

    Thanks for stopping in today!  There is much joy in the little things out there.     Smile On!  Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment