Friday, April 17, 2015

Queen Anne Renovation (Part Two)


    The weather has been perfect this past week, here in northern Wisconsin.  The sunshine and warm breezes have been calling me outside, to enjoy their company.

    However, I would like to share with you a few more photos of the renovation of the Queen Anne.


                                                                        Before.


                                                                     After.

    I worked on the outside, removed the balcony and painted all the black trim, white.  I used a soft pink and white for the remainder of the walls.  The detailed gold trimmings are bits I cut from a plastic table mat, and glued on to bring out more character.


    I painted the roof white, after I replaced missing shingles on the roof.  My tower ended up a little shorter then the original one.  I am happy with the end result, however.

   
     As I worked on the outside of the house, I was able to study the inside floor plan.  I reconfigured the inside from it's original intent, and decided to add and eliminated rooms.  One of the many spool dolls I made took up residence shortly after the house was complete.  I'll elaborate on her story a little later.


      Here we are at the front door.  The brick foundation is a paper I purchased at a local craft store.  It worked perfect!  Once the outside was done, I was ready to start on the inside of this little beauty.  Next time I will show you the floor plan, and each room.

     Until then, smile on!       Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment