Thursday, May 7, 2015

Hen and Cat Musicians


     A syrup bottle, and a Styrofoam ball, with aquarium rocks added to the bottle for some weight.  This was the beginning of a project I had started  quite awhile ago, and decided it was time to see what I could do with these structures.


   I added some papier mache, and a couple of pipe cleaners for the arms.  Then, I brought out the paper clay, and started sculpting.  I had two dolls going at once, the other one failed to get into the photo!


    The first one started out as a chicken.  After the clay dried, I added quilt batting to fill out her form, and create some chicken wings.


    The second doll is a cat.  Both of these characters were inspired by some musical instruments I had stashed away for quite some time.  The instruments were so cute, I just had to have them for a "someday" project.


    The Lady Chicken is a member of a very prestigious orchestra.  This adorable instrument was a find at a yard sale, many summers ago.  She loves it.  It's even been tuned, by my handy man!


    The Cat and her fiddle.  They both stand about 13" tall.   I papier mached the cats dress, and I used acrylic paint, to paint her.    I also painted the chicken, with acrylic paint as well.

                                                 
                                                     They insisted I show their "close-ups".


       I hope you enjoyed meeting these two gals.     Happy Mother's Day, to all you Moms' out there!

                           Smile On!        Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment