Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Century Doll Pretty in Pink

    It's funny how one thing leads to another in the creative process.  I have found several old dolls dating back to the early 1900's.  And just as I finish restoring one, another comes into my life.  Today I would like to share a little "Century" doll that I found in my own home town.



   This little darling dates from 1909 to 1928.  The company was The Century Doll Company of New York.



   Other than the bruised nose, she must have taken quite a tumble at some point in her long life. She was in good shape, and needed a cleaning, and sanding.  Once that was done I painted her with acrylics.



         She needed to be a brunette, and have brown eyes.  I crocheted the outfit, and she just seemed to want to have pink!  With matching shoes, of course.


   Pretty, once again.  This little sweetie keeps her arms extended for a big hug.  She measures about 22".
I named her, Marcia Marie.  In memory of someone very dear to me.

  The creative process is such a wonderful adventure, if I allow it to flow, good things happen!!
Now, onto the next little sweetie......Smile On!!     Audrey
       

No comments:

Post a Comment