Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Victorian Baby Carriage


    This is a Victorian baby carriage.  Dates from the late 1800's.  Ed found this, showed it to me, we negotiated with the owner, and came to an amiable agreement.

    We have taken on a challenge.  Never having done this before, we decided to go easy and only do what was necessary.  Warm water and some special wood soap, a gentle scrub.  The carriage took on a refreshed look.

   

   The upholstery is another story!   We carefully removed the musty old stuff, excelsior stuffing and large cotton balls.  Tacks were placed in abundance all over the edges.  It was interesting to see how it was all put together, actually. We discovered it was originally a lovely golden colored fabric of corduroy.


   The parasol was intact for the most part, but it will be a winter project for me to replace, with a fresh new one!  I will need to take the old one apart carefully, and use it for a pattern.  Should be interesting.

  We are in the process of reupholstering it, so I have no photos of it done, yet!!   I just wanted to stop in and blog what I've been working on.  There are two more dolls waiting, and two more that I finished a few days ago.  I will be posting about those two little darlings soon!

                   Thanks for stopping in!       Smile On!!        Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment