Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Another Miniature House

   I spent some time working on a "kit" miniature house.  I built it over the last seven months.  It required no nails.  Just glue, and some careful considerations as to what went where.  I am not a carpenter, but decided it was time to challenge myself.

   Finding old houses is a "lucky", chance.  And, renovating three old houses, just made me want to do more miniatures!  I think it's a little obsessive, but oh-so harmless.


    It measures about 30" tall, 23" wide and 11 1/2" deep.  It opens on the front, and has six rooms.  I did some kit bashing, as they say in the miniature world.  I removed all the stairs, so I could have more floor space for the fun little things I wanted to place in this one.

    I call it the Jubilee House, and imagine it's in a quiet neighborhood of New Orleans.


   Here are the colors I decided on.  The front door has a tiny key up on the door ledge to keep out the inquisitive, and uninvited.
   You will be invited to tour the rooms as I start the finishing touches, like floor boards, carpeting, and lights!

   What I like about miniatures is that it's an ongoing , little bit, by little bit, project.  Finding just the right piece of furniture, or accessory to go in that special room.

    The Jubilee House is on it's way.....Smile On!         Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment