Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Another E.I. Horsman Doll


    Sometimes these old dolls arrive looking way beyond hope.  It sure looked that way when this little gal arrived from Michigan.  She measured 21" and "E.I.H. ADC"  imprinted on the back of her neck.  At one time she had a wig to cover that odd flat shape on the top of her head.


   She looked rough from the top of her head down to her toes.   Once I looked her over, and decided what needed to be done the work commenced.

 
    Someone took the time to put a sweet old vintage dress on her.  Luckily, I was able to restore the dress for her with a good soak and mend, it was nearly as good as new.


    This little gal turned out quite pretty.  I made the hair with paper clay, and painted it.  She still has that odd  shaped head, so I added the bonnet that came with another doll.  Perfect fit.


  Sitting pretty, she decided she wanted to be called "Hope".  She looks like a little angel, don't you think?
I am not sure how old she is, anywhere between 1900-1940.  The research can be interesting, too.

    Thanks for stopping in today!          "Hope Springs Eternal"       Smile On!     Audrey
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment