Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Two Old Boys From 1923 and 1935



   This doll is an old sweetie from  1923.  I know this because the little "cry-box" inside of him had that date on it.

   He measures a grand total of 24".  I had to replace his legs, as his were painted cloth, and were badly cracked.  He had these wonderful hands, and a sweet face that just needed some sprucing up.










     This old boy dates from around 1935.  He has open and shut tin eyes, and an open mouth.  His torso is rather slender compared to the more square figure of his little friend from 1924.
    The doll industry was and still is evolving, making improvements on the design of their dolls.

   This doll measures a full 26", and is lucky enough to have full arms and legs made of composition, as is his head.   He is stuffed with cotton.

   I just love his contented little smile.







     This is the little boy from 1923.  His new legs give him the ability to flex his knees, which makes him very, very happy!  I decided to name him Arthur, as this was the name on his noise box.



    Arthur now has taken up residence in the nursery with the rest of the dolls.  I am considering crocheting him a coon-skin hat!  Later this fall he will need one, according to him!


    This little man decided he wanted to be called, Rodger.  I think he thought he would be the last doll I would restore, he kept saying, "Rodger, and Out".......silly boy!


    Rodger has also taken up residence in the nursery.  He is quite content sitting next to a lovely little doll called, April.

    This is my 350th blog!  When I started this I had no idea where this would go...I really didn't think I had that much to share.  The fun of recording and sharing my art adventures here on this blog, has been a very "worldly" experience.   As of last count I have about 82 different countries that have visited my blog.

   I appreciate your interest and tagging along with me as I continue to "play" in my little art world.  Hope your day is a wonder-full experience!

                 Smile On!       Audrey


No comments:

Post a Comment