Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wooden Shoes and Pyrography


    I found this pair of wooden shoes at the Goodwill store.  They are about 10" long and about 5" across.  They were in need of some sanding, which Ed did for me.  It cleaned up the surface really nicely.

    I worked out a design, and drew it out on the surface, with pencil.  Making sure to match it on each shoe as close as I could, I then started to use the wood burning tool on them.


    It took them into a whole new look.  The pyrography  process is so fun, the wood burning tool I use is rather big and clumsy.  I do only parts of the design, and then take a break, to give my hand a rest.  All together, it took several hours to complete the shoes.

                        Got Hot Shoes?          Smile On!        Audrey
   

No comments:

Post a Comment