Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Little Composition Beauty


    Good Morning!  This is a little cutie, I purchased from New Mexico.  She measures a full 12".  There is no mark on this doll, dates from 1930-1940, I believe.  She is a full composition, 6 piece.



    I ended up disassembling her, and removing the outer layer of paint.  Taking away the entire surface, allowed me to remove all the cracks and flaws left by the aging process.


        Here she is all repainted and a coating of poly to protect the surface.  The outfit is a cute little crocheted sun-suit, that I made for her.


    Of course, no outfit is complete without a matching hat, and a gold ribbon.  This little beauty is called Marigold.

           Thanks for stopping in today!           Smile On!    Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment