Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Thirteen Restored Penny Dolls

    One day, several weeks ago I ordered a group of tiny bisque dolls.  There were 13 of  them.  Some of them were in such a deteriorated state I wasn't able to identify them.  I love a challenge!


    The little girl with her arms off, is 4" tall.  The building or hut(?) is 1 1/2" tall.  The figure next to the building is 3 1/2" tall.  He turned out to be a pleasant surprise.  I thought he was a bear.  the littlest doll is just about 2" tall.  He was listed as a troll.


    The little girl doll, has acquired a lovely little crocheted dress, since this photo.  The hut has a nice antiqued color added.  And, the pig turned out to be a "Walt Disney" figure.  He has a scar on his tummy that I couldn't mend, so I turned it into a tiny blue butterfly.  He looks a lot more cheerful, now!   The troll turned out to be Santa, with his sack of toys.


    This group of bisque figures was another fun challenge.   The little boy on the right, has a delightful surprise!


      The bowl on top of his head is hollow.  You pour water into it, and he can take a little wee-wee!!
 
   This is the last group of the 13, I received.  The little figure in the middle is a high gloss porcelain, she didn't need any repair, just a good  cleaning.


    The rabbit had a lump on the side of his head, I quickly discovered it was his ribbon!  The little man in the suit is from Germany, and is 2 1/4" tall.

             I hope you have a good day!    Thanks for stopping in!       : )   Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment