Saturday, May 20, 2017

A Bisque Doll Called Maggie May

   This little gal came with a set of very bad shoulders.  She is 7" tall, and dates from 1920 (?).  The mark on the back of this sweet darling is JAPAN.


   Maggie May needed a warm cloth to clean her bisque.  As you can see in the picture above, her shoulders are not there.   Instead, her arms are simply sewn to her body.  


    After cleaning her bisque, I decided to leave the original body, just strengthened the fabric on her arms and body, with some extra stuffing and paint.


    Her hair was sculpted with some lovely curls, that even extended to the back of her head.  The bows added a nice touch to her hair style, too.


    When I finished cleaning and restoring  this doll, I mentioned to my daughter that this doll had bad shoulders.  She quickly remarked, "Just like me!"   "You should name her after me," she said.


   Maggie May needed lavender ribbons and a lovely crocheted dress.   The hardest part was making the dress fit properly with "no shoulders".  It all worked out, however.
   My daughter, appreciates having a doll named after her.  Brown hair and brown eyes, on both Maggie's.

       Hope your Saturday is going well!!          Smile On!          Audrey



2 comments:

  1. I love the doll mom! I guess I will at least be grateful I have shoulders! I am very happy you give life to all these dolls! I love seeing how happy and passionate you are about restoring there spirit!

    ReplyDelete